Urhobo Progress Union America (UPUA) is the umbrella organization of all Urhobo
people and organizations in North America. Pursuant to its constitution, UPUA is
organized exclusively for charitable, scientific, literary and educational purposes.
UPUA’s annual scholarship program is an effort to financially assist some industrious
indigent Urhobo students at the Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU) and the
Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE). The purpose is to
financially contribute towards their tuition, books or educational equipment while
enabling the improvement of their capabilities for the benefit of Urhoboland and the
world at large. Paramount to this effort is to improve the quality of Urhobo human capital
UPUA’s scholarships will be annual financial awards to successful student applicants
selected by UPUA’s Scholarship Committee and approved by UPUA’s Executive
Committee and UPUA’s Board of Trustees. The financial awards are to assist
specifically with expenses for tuition, books or educational equipment. The amount to be
awarded to each student, and the number of student recipients each year, will be
determined by UPUA’s Executive Committee subject to approval by UPUA’s Board of
Interested applicants must read the eligibility requirements and complete the
application form below.
Follow the next steps:
- Requirements (click here to download)
- Upload your picture
- Registration is now online (see below)
- This scholarship award is to be used primarily for tuition, books or educational equipment.
- If you receive an award you may be required to attend an Award Ceremony during the annual UPU Worldwide convention in Delta State, Nigeria.
- The award is renewable for a maximum of one additional year.
- To retain this award for an additional year, a recipient is required to demonstrate exceptional abilities including developing and implementing at least one identifiable project that benefits his or her community.